Alternative Fueling Stations: Public Accessibility under 42 U.S.C. § 6374(c) says that refueling sites providing alternative fuels to agencies must be accessible to the public when feasible.
To the extent practicable, at locations where vehicles acquired under subsection (a) of this section are supplied with alternative fuels, such fuels shall be offered for sale to the public. The head of the Federal agency responsible for such a location shall consider whether such sale is practicable, taking into account, among other factors—
(1) whether alternative fuel is commercially available for vehicles in the vicinity of such location;
(2) security and safety considerations;
(3) whether such sale is in accordance with applicable local, state, and Federal law;
(4) the ease with which the public can access such location; and
(5) the cost to the United States of such sale.