- May 2-3, 2019 | 8 a.m. PDT | San Diego, CA
The Federal Utility Partnership Working Group (FUPWG) meets twice per year to share success stories, information about Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) activities, and other business.
Hosted by San Diego Gas & Electric.
Registration is now open. The deadline to register is Monday, April 29, 2019.
- $225: Register by Tuesday, April 9, 2019, to qualify for the discounted early registration rate.
- $275: Registration fee after April 9, 2019.
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
8757 Rio San Diego Drive
San Diego, CA 92108
Use the links below to secure your hotel reservation. Reserve your room as soon as possible as the FUPWG room rates will not be available after the room block is full. The FUPWG room block begins on April 29, 2019, and ends on May 3, 2019. The hotel reservation cut-off date is Friday, March 29, 2019. Please note that an early check-out fee may be assessed if guests check out prior to the reserved checkout date. A cancellation of less than 72 hours prior to arrival will result in a charge equal to one night’s room rate and tax.
Federal Per Diem Hotel Room Registration
The FUPWG per diem hotel rate for federal attendees is $174 per night.
Non-Federal Room Registration
The FUPWG hotel rate for non-federal attendees is $175 per night.
The San Diego Marriott Mission Valley is located eight miles from the San Diego International Airport. The hotel does not offer shuttle service. The estimated taxi fare is $22 (one way). Hotel parking fees are $27 for self-park and $37 for valet parking.
New: FUPWG Attendance Policy
Unregulated utility affiliates, energy service companies, and other interested private-sector participants may, space permitting, send a maximum of four attendees per organization. These companies are encouraged to coordinate internally in advance to determine who should register for the seminar. Only badged attendees will be permitted to attend FUPWG meetings, breaks, and networking events.
For federal agencies and regulated utility companies there is no maximum attendee registration limit, space permitting.
FUPWG Code of Conduct
Hospitality and social functions (on- and off-site) are strictly prohibited from conflicting with the timing of FUPWG Seminar activities listed in the schedule of events. Aggressive sales techniques are to be avoided while attending the seminar. Signs and flyers may not be displayed or distributed in the meeting or guestroom areas of the hotel reserved for FUPWG Seminar participants.
Comprehensive Utility Energy Service Contracts Training
Tuesday, April 30, 2019, to Wednesday, May 1, 2019
FEMP is helping agencies meet their mandated energy savings goals by offering training and partnership opportunities with their serving utilities that explore contracting options available including utility energy service contracts (UESCs). A UESC, used for small and large projects, is a limited-source contract between a federal agency and serving utility for energy management and demand-reduction services. This two-day comprehensive UESC training examines strategies and methods used by experienced contracting officers and their technical teams from project development to contract award and post-acceptance. Attendees will work through exercises designed to develop a project using templates and samples.
This course is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training, and there is no registration fee to attend. CEUs will be awarded upon successful completion of an online quiz and evaluation following the workshop. Priority registration will be given to contracting officers, contracting specialists, and other Federal employees. Attendees from private industry will be admitted as space allows.
Energy Lawyers and Contracting Officers Forum
Friday, May 3, 2019 (1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.)
This meeting is open to all FUPWG attendees with an interest in federal energy projects. The agenda is designed to provide an opportunity for an open exchange of information and discussion.
New Special Session: Utility Energy Service Contract Technical Project Focus
Friday, May 3, 2019 (1:45 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
This session is open to all FUPWG attendees and will feature rotating topics relating to best practices and tools for energy managers responsible for executing UESC projects. Topics for the spring special session include the following.
- UESC Project Development Report Template: The UESC Project Development Report Template is in draft form and available for use and comment on the FEMP website. The objective of the template is to provide a report format with elements essential to demonstrating a strong technical proposal and illustrating fair and reasonable pricing. Agency/utility teams are encouraged to use this adaptable template to discuss expectations and pricing for their preliminary assessment, investment grade audit, or final proposal. Please check the box on the FUPWG registration site if you plan to attend this session, and we’ll send you a copy of the UESC Project Development Report Template in advance or you can download it.
- eProject Builder and UESCs: FEMP is in the process of updating eProject Builder (ePB), and this session will focus on how ePB can now be used for UESCs. Presenters will be looking for suggestions and feedback on potential UESC ePB training material and approaches.
FUPWG, initiated in 1994, establishes partnerships and facilitates communications among Federal agencies, utilities, and energy service companies. All seminar attendees are required to honor the FUPWG Seminar code of conduct.